Monday, January 18, 2010

Life with Satchmo is always interesting!

LOS ANGELES, CA - DECEMBER 15:  A Chihuahua wa...Image by Getty Images via Daylife
Yesterday, I went outside to take the little man to do his "business" and we were immediately attached by a chihuahua running loose in the parking lot of the apartment complex.  Why am I writing about this you ask?
Well, I would not be except this is becoming a real issue for me.  It's like we have become the dog magnet in this area.  Three times before this, we have gone outside only to be attached by a stray dog.  Two were chihuahas and one was a pit bull puppy.  I do try to capture and return these dogs whenever they have collars and tags, but that is not always the case.  One of the chihuahuas simply came in the house with my dogs before I could stop it.  This little boy was so cute and I found him a good home because he had no tag or collar and was starving. The pit puppy was so fearful that she ran away from me every time I tried to touch her collar.  I called the apartment maintenence crew and they found her and took her back home.  The other chihuahua simply would not let me near him and to this day is still running loose. 

This happens all the time so I wonder if there is a sign on my door that only dogs can see that alerts them to a friendly place. 

I really hate people that just let their dogs run.  I believe that owning a pet is a responsibility that you take on and it is non-refundable.

Oh, and about the chihuahua yesterday--he came home and came into the house.  I was able then to take him back to his home.  His mom and dad were so happy to see him and thanked me profusely.  That's what I like to see.  So, all is again right with the world at my house.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Losing a Pet: What to do to deal with the grief

Losing a pet is an experience that cuts deep. These furry, feathered, or even scaled companions become part of our families, our daily routi...