Monday, December 21, 2009

Satchmo is going to the Vet on Wednesday--Oh boy!

Well, I finally broke down and made the appointment for my little man to go get his teeth cleaned.  He has started not wanting to eat crunchy foods, which usually means trouble.  The last time that happened, he lost 9 teeth with the cleaning.  Anyway, I am mildly excited because he will have the growth on his foreleg removed at the same time.  I am so happy because that growth is really worrying me.  It is ugly and is still growing.  He won't stop bothering it, either, so the hair around it is constantly wet and grey and looks disgusting!

So, wish us luck--we want this to go smoothly so my little man can get back up to snuff soon!

Here is the latest on the Foster Dog situation:  I think that Austen will be staying with me indefinitely.  My sister is really attached to him and I think my neighbor wants to give him to her for Christmas.  I'll let you know when I find out.  It's okay with me either way, but he does need some additional training if he is to stay here.  Also, he needs to go to the vet for some Prozac to deal with his separation anxiety!

Christmas is upon us, but let's not forget our treasured pets or the unloved animals out in the world.  If everyone would do something good for just one stray, the world would be a much nicer place.  For my part, I am feeding two beautiful feral black kittens who seem to be living on my front porch.  Hopefully, in the near future I will be able to capture them and get them neutered and get their shots--then I will let them return back to my porch. 
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Losing a Pet: What to do to deal with the grief

Losing a pet is an experience that cuts deep. These furry, feathered, or even scaled companions become part of our families, our daily routi...