Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Look at Austen now!

Who would have thought that underneath all that curly hair was such a cute dog?  I know I would never have guessed. 

I guess I should back up and start at the beginning.  Today, we took Austen to the "pretty parlor" to get him all "gussied" up for the holidays.  My sister was determined that he would get his nails painted red and get a haircut, so she made the appointment.  I simply wanted him neatened up and clean.

Anyway, we took him in this afternoon and left him there.  He was really quite happy to be there which surprised me and he happily went away with the little lady in the front.

Two and a half hours later, we picked up another dog!  He was beautiful and smelled so good.  He did not get his nails painted (no one told my sister she had to bring her own polish with him to get that done) but he did get a snappy bandana tied around his neck.

He came in and started playing with my Satchmo.  Satch, on the other hand, was not quite sure about the changes in Austen.  Satch had to sniff and sniff and sniff him before he was sure he could relax and play with this funny looking sissy dog!

Here are the pictures I took when we got home.  All in all, this has been a pretty good day.





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Losing a Pet: What to do to deal with the grief

Losing a pet is an experience that cuts deep. These furry, feathered, or even scaled companions become part of our families, our daily routi...