Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Rat Terrier Rescues

Today I want to showcase one of the rat terrier rescue sites I visit regularly.  Here you will find information about ratties, but more importantly, you can view pics of available ratties that are waiting for a "forever home".  Who knows, maybe the dog you need is there just waiting for you.

Seriously, ratties make the best companions and are the most loving pets.  They are energetic, but not annoyingly so; they are loving, but not in a clinging, needy way.  They love to please and are very intelligent, so they learn well.  The only drawback to the breed I have found is that they are very independent and can be stubborn.  This is really not a problem if you learn to handle your rattie correctly.

So, today I want to talk about Ratterrierresq.

Here is an excerpt of one of the available dogs for you to see and think about adopting.


Monty

Sex: Male  •   Located in: Connecticut   •   Age: Adult
*Monty is being fostered in South Windsor.*
MontyAR4My name is Monty, and I am about 2 to 3 years old and weigh 14 pounds. I love to run and play, but my most favorite spot is next to my human. I love stuffies (stuffed toys) but I’m a little hard on them. I am learning about walks on the leash,and am a doggie-door champ, but at first that was a little scary: now I teach everyone else how to use the doggie door when they first get here. My foster mom says I am very handsome (of course), very smart and the best snuggle bunny you have ever met. I love, love, love to sit in my person’s lap, and snuggle with them under the covers at night. I am house trained, don’t really like the crate very much and would prefer to just be loose in the house. When I see a new house, I might forget and try to “mark,” but a stern word is all it takes to remind me. I can jump really high, and the perfect home for me would have a fenced backyard, or someone to walk me a lot. If you are looking for a handsome guy to be the love of your life, look no further! Please see more pictures of Monty!
liamorgan “Feedback lies at the core of effective learning.” Gladwell. #necc09
This dog is okay with:

cats

dogs

kids
Came to rescue on: Apr 15, 2009  •  Permalink to Monty's profile  •  
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Losing a Pet: What to do to deal with the grief

Losing a pet is an experience that cuts deep. These furry, feathered, or even scaled companions become part of our families, our daily routi...